PARENT COOPERATIVE REQUIREMENTS
Catch the Son is a COOPERATIVE school that depends on the efforts and participation of parents. Families who enroll their children here, do so because they want to be actively involved in the classroom and with the school as a whole.
Parents agree to the following:
- I will participate in the classroom as a “Parent Helper” the required number of days, for my child's class. This means you arrive to class 10 minutes early and remain in class for the length of your child's day as an aid to the teacher.
- Playgroup: approximately 2 times every 5 weeks
- 2-Day Preschool: approximately 2 times every 6 weeks
- 3-Day Preschool: approximately 2 times every 4 weeks
- RED & BLUE Pre-K: approximately 1 time every 4 weeks
- Anyone can fulfill these parent helper days such as grandparents, nannies, etc. Anyone volunteering in the classroom will need to have a completed background check on file.
- I will perform my “Parent Job” throughout the school year. (Parents pick from a list sent during the summer.)
- I will help with ONE Family Event during the school year: Eggstravaganza, Annual Fundraiser or Pre-K Graduation Ceremony.
- Participate in Fundraising. We do fundraising events throughout the year to supplement our budget as tuition does not cover all school expenses. There is no minimum fundraising requirement but we do expect all families to support our fundraising efforts.
- I will participate in the End-of-Year Clean or Playground Work Party.
- When I bring my child to school, I will check them in using the Brightwheel app and make sure that my emergency contact information is up-to-date in the app. I will check my child out using the Brightwheel app at the end of the day.
- I will keep my child home from school if he/she exhibits signs of a cold, flu or other communicable disease.
- I will read and abide by the Parent Handbook.
- I will take responsibility for keeping myself informed of classroom and school-wide activities by: Reading school communication emails, checking my child's take-home folder, checking the school website, and attending Parent Meetings held 3 times/year.
- I agree to have a valid driver’s license and carry liability insurance on any vehicle used for transporting children on field trips.
- I agree to submit to a Background Check as required by the insurance policy held by CTS Lutheran Church. I understand that anyone who represents me as a classroom helper will need to be background checked before they can fill in.
- I agree to have my child up-to-date on immunizations before he/she starts school. I will fill out forms with medical history, emergency information, and field trip permission before my child starts class.
- I agree to pay last month’s tuition before my child starts school (due in August). I also agree to pay monthly tuition for my child’s class by the 10th of each month. Total yearly tuition is divided by nine months, and there are no adjustments made for holidays, sickness or other absences.